Practical Guide for JNOS 2.0
I have been wanting to write a brand new document from scratch for the longest of time. The challenge has been to make it a practical document, not just a list of commands. This is a long term project. Topics are added as time permits - I am a very busy person, and do not always have the time. If you have something to contribute, please do ! You will get credit for it, just remember it may not make it onto the page the same week ...
Integrating Winlink using CMS Telnet (today in 2013)
Telpac is obsolete - replaced by CMS Telnet servers.
click here for brand new (July 17, 2013) documentation on how to use JNOS with Winlink CMS servers.
click here for brand new (April 25, 2012) WP documentation (quite detailed).
setup and general information
creating MRTG pages
click here for a diagram (poster) of my JNOS configuration
with the linux box on which your JNOS is running on
with the LAN on which the linux box is running on
beyond the LAN and to the rest of the world
WINMOR (as an alternative to PACTOR, no ax25)
- status of this project and what it is currently capable of
- example diagram of how to setup and network Windows with your JNOS (linux)
MULTIPSK (as an ax25 tnc) - now available on WIN32 version of JNOS
- click here on how to use Multipsk as your packet TNC
AGW PE (as an ax25 tnc) - now available on WIN32 version of JNOS
- click here on how to use AGW PE as your packet TNC
SOUNDMODEM (as a ax25 tnc)
- click here on how to use Thomas Sailer's soundmodem as your packet TNC
Notification of New Mail
tell user when they first connect and while they are on the bbs
broadcasting a mail beacon on interfaces
flag the sysop on the main console
* last updated on Wednesday, July 17, 2013